Early bird registrations will close on the 13th Feb for our Mountains to Sea Wānanga - Conference on Friday 21st April – Sunday 23rd April 2017
Omaha Marae, Leigh, Auckland
Theme “Citizen Science” for marine and freshwater conservation action and education"
An inspirational professional development and networking opportunity for all those involved or interested in freshwater and marine conservation.
- provide a forum for marine and freshwater educators to network about education for sustainability initiatives and projects around science communication
- provide professional development opportunities
- provide a forum to discuss the effectiveness of existing and potential partnerships that foster action for marine and freshwater conservation
- ensure strong delivery of the Experiencing Marine Reserves (EMR) and Whitebait Connection (WBC) concepts around New Zealand
- raise the profile and value of citizen science whilst exploring what it actually is - workshop on what citizen science means for New Zealanders"
Version 6 of the programme can be found here
Wānanga registration will include:
powhiri at 11am on Friday 21st April
marine & freshwater keynote presentations from Dr Victoria Metcalfe, Sally Carson and Dr Nick Shears
fresh wholesome meals and marae accommodation over the 3 day conference- wānanga
idyllic scenery at the location near New Zealand’s first marine reserve
marine and freshwater field trips including local conservation initiatives and attractions
an opportunity to share your own project during ‘show n tell’, displays & facilitated workshops
inclusion of local residents, tangata whenua & conservation groups throughout the programme
Note: There will be an additional 1.5 days of specialist training workshops for Experiencing Marine Reserves & Whitebait Connection coordinators prior to the wānanga (Wednesday 19th and Thursday the 20th of April)
Registrations essential - Early bird till 31st January 2017 $390 waged professional $290 non waged/student/teacher/not for profit (from the 1st Feb 2017, prices will increase by 10% to $319 and $429)
For more information, registration details and invoices contact
Samara Nicholas (09) 433 8205 or 021 036 2019 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.emr.org.nz/index.php/events/55-annual-marine-and-freshwater-wananga-conference to complete the online registration. Please note that credit card payments options are possible via http://www.emr.org.nz/index.php/shop but will incur an additional 5% charge of your registration fee
Mountains to Sea Conservation Trust would like to thank the Tindall Foundation, DOC Community Fund, 2 Plus and Curious Minds for funding support. Also thanks to Ngati Manuhiri for supporting this wānanga.