Funding and Support History – Mountains to Sea Conservation Trust
- WWF-NZ supported EMR for three years from 2003 through the Environmental Education Action Fund during its early stages of development in Northland.
- The Pacific Development and Conservation Trust made a one-off contribution to EMR Northland delivery in 2005 & 2014.
- The Lion Foundation has made several contributions to programme deliver and equipment for EMR since 2006.
- Foundation North (formerly ASB Community Trust) has supported EMR programme operational and programme costs since 2007.
- The ANZ Staff Foundation supported EMR in 2007.
- The Southern Trust supported the purchase of new wetsuits for EMR in 2008, the Far North trailer in 2012 and new wetsuits for the far North in 2015.
- EMR uses and is supported by 'Wettie' www.wettie.co.nz quality snorkel equipment
- Dive Tutukaka sponsors a trip to the Poor Knights annually.
- During 2010 EMR delivery was supported by Lotteries Environment & Heritage for Far North and Whangarei schools.
- EMR has partnered on occasions with the Northland Regional Council to deliver marine biosecurity programmes.
- Refining NZ supported the Community Guided Snorkel Day at Reotahi from 2007 - 2013.
- The Whangarei District Council support our Community Guided Snorkel Days at Reotahi during the sumjmer of 2015
- Pub Charity supported the purchase of two trailers for the Whangarei region in 2012.
We have introduced school charges and equipment sales to our organisation and are hopeful this will help support both outputs, outcomes and financial stability.
The Trust is also investigating possible corporate and personal sponsors. Find out how you could support EMR
Support for Northland delivery from local Whangarei business:
- Dive Tutukaka - annual snorkel prize trip
- Fastsignz– signwriting
- Bennett & Associates – accounting
- Midas Whangarei- vehicle servicing
- Orbit Audits– auditor
- Henderson Reeves – legal advice
EMR Trailers - We now have four trailers operating in the Auckland and Northland region thanks to funding from the Lion Foundation, Pub Charity and The Southern Trust. We thank our trailer advertisers for supporting our programme: