Sunday 18th of October 2020 | 9:00am-4:30pm
Back up date of Sunday the 1st of November.
You need to be free for both dates.
Join EMR and Dive! Tutukaka for a guided snorkel and tour to The Mokohinau Islands with a back up location of the Poor Knights. We will be leaving from Tutukaka and travelling 2 hours out to the Mokohinau Islands for a day of snorkeling and exploration by SUP and kayak.
Departing from Tutukaka Marina, Dive Tutukaka, Whangārei
Purchase tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/e/mokohinau-adventure-snorkel-registration-119972905189
What to bring:
Togs, towel, sunhat, warm clothes and lunch (or purchase lunch for an additional $15). If you have your own snorkel gear you are welcome to bring it along – please note it needs to be fit for purpose (no full face masks). Medication: if you suffer seasickness - take medication first thing in the morning.
EMR is providing the snorkelling and Dive! Tutukaka is giving us a great deal to get out to these special islands in the Hauraki Gulf. If you would like to give a koha to EMR to support our work – bring cash on the day or you can donate online.
This event is sponsored by The Bobby Stafford-Bush Foundation and supported by Dive Tutukaka.
All information can be found - Mokohinau_Information_Sheet.pdf549.38 KB
Images will be taken during the event to add to our Facebook Page and will be shared with all participants. Please let the organisers know when you arrive if you do not wish for images to be taken of yourself or your whānau.
Please note that the boat ticket is non-refundable (you are welcome to sell your ticket and let me know their details) and the trip will run rain or shine! If ocean conditions will not allow us to make the 2 hour trip to the Mokohinau Islands we will be going to the Poor Knights islands which are closer (45mins). However if the weather conditions are too poor to make the crossing at all we will be using our back up date of Sunday the 1st of November. Please ensure you are free on both dates. We will give you as much notice as possible if the weather is not looking good – however conditions do change quickly.
If you are late and miss the boat departure unfortunately there are no refunds.
This event will be able to run in Level 2 or lower (for Auckland and Northland - which ever is higher). At Level 2.5+ we will be postponing to our back up day. If we needed to postpone again due to COVID-19 everyone will receive a refund.
Please note the following information. If you have any concerns – please contact us.
• Your registration information will be held for contact tracing. We will also have a contact tracing QR code to scan.
• We can take sub groups of up to 6 participants – were possible these will be groups that you have registered with.
• All shared equipment (paddles/life jackets/ handles of kayaks) will be sanitised between uses. Your wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins will be assigned at the start of the day and will be yours to look after for the duration of the day.
• There will be hand sanitiser on the vessel for participants and crew to use. There are 4 bathrooms with soap on the vessel. There are also hot showers.
• Groups will be encouraged to space 2m apart on the vessel.